NeatImage V2.6

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
goldragon

NeatImage V2.6

Post by goldragon »

I just checked the changes list on your web for the newer version of Neatimage, it doesn't mention it has auto fine tune support for batch mode. is that true or you just forgot to mention it? or it really doesn't have that support yet.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is no auto auto fine-tuning yet. This will be added in v2.7.
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

Ok I just purchased Neatimage Pro+ 2.6, and I am so happy now that I own a licenced copy of it. :D :o 8)
Now, I am looking foward to the newer version of Neatimage that has auto auto tunning for batch mode. :shock: :D :P 8)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you, goldragon. :-)

Does the plug-in work well on your system?

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

Hmm strangely I could not find any Neatimage plug-in in my photoshop 6.?????? :?: :?: :?:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You need to install it manually. There is an instruction in the registraion e-mail you received.

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

Oh yes, I found it haha sorry didn't read my e-mail that detail too excited just downloaded and installed the software hahaha.. Oh yes I found a few bugs that I think may be good fixing them, although they do not make the system crash.

1. When I tried the auto tuning in Photoshop plugin the graph of Red Green and Blue, did not change. I almost thought the autotuning didn't not work. I guess better fix this one.

2. When user change anything in the option and presses OK button. the Option does not instally apply to the system, the system needs to be restarted for the Options to be applied in which I think is a mistake or bugs. Wish these problems can be solved as soon as possible
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

goldragon wrote:1. When I tried the auto tuning in Photoshop plugin the graph of Red Green and Blue, did not change. I almost thought the autotuning didn't not work. I guess better fix this one.
So, does it work or it is just the graph that didn't change? A screenshot would help.
2. When user change anything in the option and presses OK button. the Option does not instally apply to the system, the system needs to be restarted for the Options to be applied in which I think is a mistake or bugs.
Cannot reproduce this. Which option did you change specifically?

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

1. It works, it was just the graph didn't change, I guess that this comes into user friendly problems, it may tell the user that auto fine tunning does not work.

2. I tested on "Default Device noise profile" and "Default filter present", I have not tested the other part, cos this is the one that is more noticeable.

Hehe sorry for commenting on this.. cos I am just thinking of ways to improve neatimage in userfriendly part.[/quote]
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

1. I believe the shadings over the sliders should change, otherwise it indeed didn't work because of some problem (for example image was too small).

2. I believe "Default Device noise profile" and "Default filter present" are disabled in plug-in's Options, aren't they? Or did you change the standalone application's Options instead?

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

1. Hmm.. ok this is the step by step I did it, when I opened up an image i went straight to the plugin and clicked on autofine tunning straight away, and saw that the graph didn't change. hmm may be just me but I really see that.

2. this is happen in stand alone application's option.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

1. Normally you need to build a rough profile before using auto fine-tune. Please check the documentation:
http://www.neatimage.com/ug/Prepare_rough_DNP.htm
http://www.neatimage.com/ug/Fine-tune_rough_DNP.htm

2. I assume you understand the mistake.

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

Ok, Thanks for the info. just one thing I need to ask. what does double buffer do?? does it mean better image quality? 8)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, only better rendering of the image in Neat Image viewer.

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

Ok, I guess I have no more things to say for this great software. Keep up the good work and wish you all the best. :D