2.61 Pro+ filter not running in Action any more

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
jafent2002

2.61 Pro+ filter not running in Action any more

Post by jafent2002 »

I updated from 2.6 to 2.61, copied the fileter to my plugin folder (overwriting the old one).

Now however, when I try to run the action in a batch mode, it opens but does not process. I checked to make sure the profile and filter names are in there correcly, they are.

I am running PS 6.01.

Any ideas?

John F. :cry:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

If you now write a new action with NI plug-in v2.61, does it work afterwards?

Thank you,
Vlad
jafent2002

Post by jafent2002 »

I found the solution. Aparently, you cannot just do a "record again" for the NI step. You have to delete the step and record the step from scratch. I have no idea why.

John F.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for this info. We will check this behavior of the plug-in.

Vlad
jafent2002

Post by jafent2002 »

I just re-confirmed this today on another action. Although the two entries look identical, if I ran an action built with the 2.6 pluggin, it just opened your pluggin and waited for me to do something. If I delete the and re-create the step step (not "record again") , it works fine. Weird HUH.

Again, this is under PhotoShop 6.01, so I don't know if the same issue exists in PS 7.x.

John F.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The behavior is the same in PS 7.x. And in fact, this is not a bug, this is a feature. This is how PS works. Try this with any other PS plug-in, say, Gaussian blur. It will also open the Gaussian blur window and will for you to do something. All you need to do is to adjust the filter settings at this point and Apply in the end. This will update the action.

So, this is not a bug.

Vlad