Vizual Groove tutorial-noise level settings

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I've been using NI Home Edition for a while & most happy with the results, since most of my shooting is at sunset.

I've gone back to learn better how to use the noise profile settings, so I read the tutorial at Vizual Groove (stand alone tutorial). I've always left the noise level settings for the 3 frequencies at their default, as set by my profile. In his tutorial, he makes signicant adjustments to these settings without explaining why (-65% for high frequ., +55% for mid, and -75% for low). Could you folks shed some light on why these changes were made?

How does one get a feeling for when and how much to change these settings?

Thanks for your time, folks.

Jeff
NITeam

Re: Vizual Groove tutorial-noise level settings

Post by NITeam »

I've gone back to learn better how to use the noise profile settings, so I read the tutorial at Vizual Groove (stand alone tutorial). I've always left the noise level settings for the 3 frequencies at their default, as set by my profile. In his tutorial, he makes signicant adjustments to these settings without explaining why (-65% for high frequ., +55% for mid, and -75% for low). Could you folks shed some light on why these changes were made?
Probably because VG felt this necessary. Actually the question should be addressed to VG, not us. BTW, you can invite VG to answer your question in this forum.
How does one get a feeling for when and how much to change these settings?
Practice. I would recommend to read the user guide to understand the controls, then to practice to get feeling of what they are doing.
In my opinion, trying to get feeling without understanding takes much more time.

Vlad
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the reply, Vlad. I will address my question to VG and ask him to post his reply here.

Trust me, I have read and reread the User Guide to the point that I have it memorized, regarding adjusting filter settings. I thought the answer might be so. I will start playing around with the settings more, till I get a good feeling for them. Thanks for such a valuable tool.

Jeff
Aloha, Jeff