Save output files to input folder, per file, in batch mode.

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
sanaka

Save output files to input folder, per file, in batch mode.

Post by sanaka »

If I assemble a big queue with files from more than one folder, I don't necessarily want the output files to all get dumped together into one output folder. Ability to specify various output folders for groups of different input files would be very helpful. And/or at least an option to "Save output file to its source file's folder." This way each folder ends up with the original files paired right with the _filtered files. Right now to acheive this I can only put files from one folder at a time in the queue.

Peace,
Sanaka
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You can achieve the same effect without "Save output file to its source file's folder". Just uncheck "Use independent open and save folders/directories" option and Neat Image will save output images according to the locations of input images.

Vlad
sanaka

Post by sanaka »

Hmm... I have this uncheked. After I assemble all the files I want to process in the batch dialog box, then click the add to queue button, NI asks me to choose an output folder before it puts the files in queue. I assumed it would put all output files in this one folder. :?:

Peace,
Sanaka
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

In batch window, it will ask you to select the output folder.

In the queue window (for example if you drag and drop images to the queue), the output folder for each job is set to the input folder if the option is unchecked.

Vlad
sanaka

Post by sanaka »

Ok, I figured out I can select multiple files when I click the 'new' tab. So I can do what I wanted which is set up a big queue with different settings on different groups of files, and have them save back to their source folders. Cool! But it leaves me wondering what the batch window is useful for? Also, using this method (no batch dialog), when "Use independent open/save folders/directories" is checked, there is no dialog popup asking where to save output files. Where would they go in this case? Thanks again!

Peace,
Sanaka
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Then they would go to the last used save folder. There is always one somewhere. In the batch window, you can specify it directly, without relying on the current value.

Vlad