Maintaining IPTC Data

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
tschaefges

Maintaining IPTC Data

Post by tschaefges »

It would seem that Neat Image does not keep embedded IPTC meta data when processing images. All of the EXIF data is going through OK, but the IPTC data is being stripped out. (I'm processing primarily JPG files through Neat Image.)

I'm a professional photographer and rely heavily on IPTC data. This information is embedded into the images when they are transferred from the camera and is kept by every other program I use (raw converter, iMatch, PhotoShop, etc.). Would it be possible to have Neat Image copy all of the image meta data from the original to the filtered file? This would eliminate having to remember to manually use a separate script to copy the data from the original file.

Thanks!

Tom
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Tom,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, this is reasonable to be able to keep the IPTC data. At the moment you can only preserve the IPTC by using the plug-in version of Neat Image. We will try to implement support for IPTC in the standalone version as well.

Thank you once again,

Vlad

P.S. As this is a suggestion, I am moving the topic to the corresponding subforum.
ChrisGVE

Post by ChrisGVE »

Where do we stand with IPTC support? IMHO this is an important issue to make sure that embedded data is maintained in the work flow. Do you have any idea when this feature will be implemented?

Thanks
Christian
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We have already put this suggestion in out to do list. I expect it to be implemeted early next year.

Vlad