Looking for Canon D60 profiles

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
richthofen

Looking for Canon D60 profiles

Post by richthofen »

I'm sure this topic was probably covered some time ago (I know, the D60 is old :wink: ) but a search of the archives yields nothing. Can someone please direct me to some good D60 profiles? Much appreciated.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Have you seen the profiles at http://www.neatimage.com/profiles.html

There are two sets for D60.

Vlad
richthofen

Post by richthofen »

Yes, actually I have seen the two D60 profiles you refer to - one is for JPEGs and the other is for RAW files converted using BreezeBrowser and YarcPlus. I shoot mostly RAW but convert using CaptureOneLE. I've used the RAW D60 profile you refer to but I was wondering if one has been developed that is specific to CaptureOne LE conversions or is the Breeze/Yarc profile good enough?

Thanks
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It may be good enough but if I had D60 I would just build my own profiles for this camera. This would provide more accurate results irrespective of what is available at the profiles page. Therefore, I always recommend to build your own profiles that reflect the specificity of both your camera and your workflow. Building profiles is really easy if you use the calibration target and auto fine-tuning. You only need to select the central area of the calibration target shot and apply Rough noise analyzer and then Auto fine-tuning. That's all.

Hope this helps.
Vlad