Does F Stop and exposure matter

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
carlow

Does F Stop and exposure matter

Post by carlow »

I'm sure I read something earlier this year about if the f stop matters or not, but I could not find it doing a search.

The first question is somewhat two fold, but I believe one answer results in the answer of both.

1- I know I should shoot out of focus, but do I need to expose my shot correctly to build my profiles? I was first attempting to go through all the f stops for each ISO, shutter, and lighting combo using the target that is provided. Do I even need to worry about the f, or only make sure the ISO and shutter settings are covered and the exposure correct?

2- At what point in building the profile do I actually save the profile? Is it right after all the rough and fine tuning is complete, or do I need to actually "APPLY" the profile to the target? I'm asking because the building profiles process is fairly fast if I don't have to worry about the apply step and of course avoid profilling every stop.

Thank you in advance,
Carlow
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

1 - In most cases, just building profiles for different ISO rates is sufficient. There are other parameter that may be important (listed in the user guide, from the most to the least important ones). Shutter and exposure are even less important.

2. Of course you don't need to filter the image to save a newly built profile. Just build a profile (through rough then fine-tuning analysis) and immediately save it. Then build another one. That's it.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Carlowdelete

Post by Carlowdelete »

NITeam wrote:1 - In most cases, just building profiles for different ISO rates is sufficient. There are other parameter that may be important (listed in the user guide, from the most to the least important ones). Shutter and exposure are even less important.

2. Of course you don't need to filter the image to save a newly built profile. Just build a profile (through rough then fine-tuning analysis) and immediately save it. Then build another one. That's it.

Hope this helps.
Vlad

Thank you. I did review the users guide, I did not see where it mention exposure so I wasn't sure how much it mattered.

As for NOT filtering the image, I thought that was way to easy (in a good way).

Thank you so much for your help in clearing things up. No pun intended.