Mac Version

general questions about Neat Image
Lowrez

Mac Version

Post by Lowrez »

I apologize if this had been asked and answered before, but my brief search didn't turn up any answers. I really want NI and am ready to plunk down my money for it, but I'd rather have a Mac version. Will the license be transferable when the Mac version is finally available or should I just wait a few months till beta is over?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We will start beta-testing soon, in a few days I think. However, please be aware that the beta-version for Mac will not be immediately equivalent in functionality to the currently available Windows version. The two software items will not be equal at least for some time. I suggest you to wait for the beta and participate in testing process, which will be free to join. Active participants of course receive free licenses when the Mac version is released.

Vlad
bmizar

Post by bmizar »

I would love to join the beta tester group. How do I go about that?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Send a message to support@neatimage.com

Do not forget to describe the hardware and software you use.

We will add you to the list and we send you a message before starting beta-testing.

Vlad
actionsnapshots

Mac Version?

Post by actionsnapshots »

Hi, what is the status of Mac version of NI?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We are preparing beta-testing now. Our beta-testers will receive messages explaining the details. We will most likely start this weekend.

Vlad
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

UPDATE: the beta-testing has already started and the group of testers is working. New testers will probably be invited later when a newer version will be tested.

Vlad
Macdaddy

Post by Macdaddy »

Fantastic news! I have been hearing rave reviews on this program/plugin and have been wanting to try it out for sometime. Once the beta tesing is complete, and assuming everything goes well, do you have any idea when a full Mac version will be avaliable for purchase?

Thomas
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Early next year (2004) I hope. A lot depends on the ongoing beta-testing and bug fixing.

Vlad
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Any time frame yet for a mac port of the program?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

First quartal of 2004. We are now preparing the first version for the release.

Vlad
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Thanks for the update. I am eagerly awaiting the release.
actionsnapshots

Mac Version?

Hi, Vald, I have a Pro version for PC. Is the PS Plug-in only available in PC version?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The PS plug-in is available in the Pro+ edition of Neat Image. All currently available editions of Neat Image are for Windows only.

Vlad
actionsnapshots

Mac Upgrade?

Ok, since I only have PS on my Mac, I too will wait for you to release Mac version. BTW, when it is releases, how would you handle the upgrade? I hope I don't have to purchase an entire Pro+ Plug In for Mac since I already own the PC Pro version? Thanks.