Ultra Low frequency removal

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Dean M. Chriss

Ultra Low frequency removal

Post by Dean M. Chriss »

Hello NeatImage Team,

the only thing the current version miss is probably the Ultra low frequency noise removal, which is especially important to remove the noise from smooth dark areas taken with high ISO. If the areas are just plain, it is easy to go with conventional methods, but as soon as the complex gradient or some texture is present things are going to be more complicated and tools like NeatImage can shows their strenght. It is the chroma component making the problems. This problem is well visible with e.g. Canon 1D, 1DS and 10D at their highest ISO. It is clear that the solution will be not easy, but improvement in this area will make the tool really perfect .

Happy New Year, Dean M. Chriss
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion.

By Ultra low you mean something of even lower frequency than Very Low Frequency in Neat Image?

Could you show an example of an image where this would be useful?

Thank you,
Vlad

Merry Christmas!
dmcphoto

Post by dmcphoto »

In browsing through the forum I found this post, which I did not write, that is signed with my name. I have no such complaint about Neat Image, and my English skills are quite a bit better than the imposter's.

Thanks.
- Dean
outTony

Post by outTony »

i am another one, that need ultra low frekvency removing.
the reason is very prosaic, neatimage is so flexible, that i am using it to remove ultra low frekvencies on skin of models. it's great to remove spots and weird shadows. skin is then more "makeuped" and healthy

NITeam wrote:Thank you for the suggestion.

By Ultra low you mean something of even lower frequency than Very Low Frequency in Neat Image?

Could you show an example of an image where this would be useful?

Thank you,
Vlad

Merry Christmas!
tony