support .psd files

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
tlinn

support .psd files

Post by tlinn »

My workflow involves converting from RAW to .psd for my master image. It would be nice not to have to mess around with .tif files. It's a frustrating extra step.

Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I understand this would be easier. There are several RAW converters around each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Probably it would be simpler if a RAW file could be directly opened in Photoshop and then processed using the Photoshop plug-in version of Neat Image. Is it possible to get a RAW file directly to Photoshop for your camera?

Vlad
tlinn

.psd files

Post by tlinn »

Vlad:

PS CS will open my RAW files.

I'm reasonably good at using PS but you raise an issue that I guess I've never thought out. Can I use the PS plug in to perform noise removal on .psd files (or any file type that is already open in PS) and not have to save the file as a .tif or .jpg? If so, that will work for me.

I've actually got a number of images that have already been post-processed and, except for noise removal, they are good to go. I'd like to go back and clean them up but I don't want to convert them all to flattened tiffs. I want to keep them as layered .psd files with the noise removal on its own layer.

Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

tlinn,

Yes, you can open a PSD file in PS, then select an area in a layer (or just whole layer without selection) and invoke the NI plug-in. It will process the selected area and return filtered data to your PSD image. You don't need to flatten PSD image for that.

Vlad
tlinn

.psd files

Post by tlinn »

Thanks, Vlad. Looks like I'll be getting the Pro+ package then.

Thanks for the quick feedback.