Job Defaults all greyed out

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
David Blauer2

Job Defaults all greyed out

Post by David Blauer2 »

I have version 3.15 Pro+ and PS CS. When I go to View -> Options -> Job Defaults, every item is greyed out except the first one, Default Color Space.

Now, since the Default Noise Profile is greyed out and I can't change it, I get an annoying error message every time I start NI since it points to a profile that no longer exists on my system.

Any tips how to fix this?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Start the standalone Neat Image. In Options, the default profile will not be greyed out. Disable use of the default profile. Start the PS CS + NI plug-in again.

Vlad
David Blauer2

Post by David Blauer2 »

Yup. That fixed it, thanks.

Another Issue:

I am still unable to get the Profile Matcher to find a matching profile from the profilr folder wich contains downloaded profiles for the 300D. The error message states it probably can't find the EXIF info from the image. I am using CS and there is definitely EXIF info available whether converted from RAW in CS itself or from any other RAW convertor prgram. Howvere NI seems unable to find it.

What gives?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Does the plug-in show the EXIF information of the image - it the EXIF->Profile button grayed out or not?

It is possible that PS CS simply doesn't provide the EXIF information to the plug-in.

Vlad
David Blauer2

Post by David Blauer2 »

Interestingly, if I convert from RAW using CS I am unable to use EXIF->Profile button... BUT... if I convert from RAW using another program (in this case Breezebrowser), the EXIF->Profile button DOES indeed work...

BUT... (sorry!)... the profile matcher still seems unable to find the matching profile from the folder even when NI does identify the EXIF (!!!). Maybe it has to with how the profiles are labeled or something.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The button is grayed out because PS CS is not providing EXIF to the plug-in. Adove spoiled the EXIF support in PS CS (see this thread: http://www.neatimage.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365 ).

Did you build the profiles using the PS CS and NI plug-in?

The matching will work if you build profiles with EXIF information available and will not if it is not provided to the plug-in.

Vlad