Pro+ is great, a few minor issues would make it greater

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Doug Morgan

Pro+ is great, a few minor issues would make it greater

Post by Doug Morgan »

Folks:
I just upgraded from home to pro+ and really like the photoshop plug in. A couple of things I've noticed that I think would improve the interface. I thought I'd tell you all now before I got used to it.

1) An indication if NI is working on a selection, especially a small selection. I've found a bunch of times that I select NI after using the patch tool and until I'm done and look closer at the image I don't realize I only fixed about 10 pixels.

2) Support for a few common PS keystrokes. It would be handy to be able to use things like ctrl-0 (fit on screen), ctrl-alt-0 (full size) and ctrl+, ctrl-, as well as the hand tool in the neat image window. After intensive use for a few days I still find myself staring dumbly at the screen wondering why it hasn't changed.

Keep up the good work!
Doug Morgan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the comments and suggestions! I will take these into our ongoing work.

BTW, you can use several shortcuts in plug-in right now:
Ctrl-0 - sets 100% zoom;
Ctrl+ - increases zoom;
Ctrl- - decreases zoom;

Spacebar + left mouse button - drags the image.

Thank you once again,
Vlad
Doug Morgan

Post by Doug Morgan »

Not to get too trivial but the ctrl+/- doesn't work on the numeric keypad (where I'd been trying to use it) and ctrl-0 is fit to screen in photoshop while ctrl-alt-0 is 100%.

Thanks though these are really, really minor points for a great product.

Doug Morgan