Sony F828 3:2 images

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Kirk Kelln

Sony F828 3:2 images

Post by Kirk Kelln »

Hi Vlad;

Regarding the Sony F828, there is a 3:2 image size setting. It produces a 7 mega pixel image by taking the 8Mp image and cutting the top and bottom off of it. Accordingly, it is nothing other than 8Mp image and can use the 8Mp profile. I have verified this fact with other sources and by my own tests. Can you please modify the F828 Profile so that 3x2 files use the 8Mp profile.

Also, I started a second round or profiles, as promised, but just have not been able to find the time to finish them. As soon as they are complete, I will send them to you. These will include the noise profiles for every image size at every ISO at every sharpness at every color setting (REAL and STANDARD) at NORMAL saturation for - and + CONTRAST.

Kirk out
NITeam

Re: Sony F828 3:2 images

Post by NITeam »

Kirk Kelln wrote:Regarding the Sony F828, there is a 3:2 image size setting. It produces a 7 mega pixel image by taking the 8Mp image and cutting the top and bottom off of it. Accordingly, it is nothing other than 8Mp image and can use the 8Mp profile. I have verified this fact with other sources and by my own tests. Can you please modify the F828 Profile so that 3x2 files use the 8Mp profile.
Don't they work right now, without any modifications? I think they should work just fine with 3x2 images.
Kirk Kelln wrote:Also, I started a second round or profiles, as promised, but just have not been able to find the time to finish them. As soon as they are complete, I will send them to you. These will include the noise profiles for every image size at every ISO at every sharpness at every color setting (REAL and STANDARD) at NORMAL saturation for - and + CONTRAST.
Thanks a lot, Kirk! I hope you enjoy using your new camera. :)

Vlad