Independent Folders

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Dan

Independent Folders

Post by Dan »

Neat Image is absolutely the best program by far! It continues to amaze me how well it works and what a bargain it is.

The latest/current version of Neat Image Pro Plus does not appear to implement Independent folders the way earlier versions did.

Stand Alone version:
Specifically, if after loading a photo using short cut from Compupic
I wish to save Noise profile (or Filter Settings) , it does not save back to the same location that the photo was loaded from, but goes back to the last SAVE location from a previous session.

PhotoShop CS plugin version:
The independent folder does function does not appear work at all.

Is my understanding of setting default Independent Folder correct? I remember that it used to work this way. Also may I suggest that the description of Independent vs Non be made clearer for the first time user.

Thanks,

Dan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Dan,

there are TWO different 'independent' settings in Neat Image options. One of them is to make Neat Image use independent open and save folders. Another one is to make it use independent folders for all operations with image, profiles and presets. You can have a single folder for all operations (opening, saving) with all types of files (image, profiles, presets) or you can have two folders, or three, or six, depending on two 'independent' settings.

Which one of these two 'independent' settings are you discussing and which values these two settings now have in your copy of Neat Image? -Without knowing this, I hardly can comments on your observations.

Generally, if you wish to save a file to the same location where it was open in Neat Image, you most likely have to uncheck the "Use independent open and save folders/directories" setting.

Thank you,
Vlad