4.0 Converted profiles

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Bryan Stone

4.0 Converted profiles

Post by Bryan Stone »

Thank you very much for the new version. My first impression is that you seem to have included everything any of us have asked for.

I am using a Minolta A2.

I did the auto profile conversion, and the profiles were placed as designed in the new NI folder. However, when I loaded an image into the Plugin I got a message that it could not match the profile "....because there is no image."

Later I clicked on profile/automatic profile match and it chose an iso 100 profile for the iso800 image. So I selected the correct profile manually.

I plan to redo my profiles anyway.

I have not done controlled trials, but my initial impression is that the quality of the noise removal and the retention of detail are both markedly improved, and so is the speed.
Bryan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the kind comments.

Also, thank you for reporting this profile matching issue, we will check what is going on there.

Vlad
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please re-download the software, we have just corrected a minor bug that could lead to those effects.

Thank you,
Vlad
Bryan Stone

Profile matching problem persists

Post by Bryan Stone »

I jsut redownloaded the software.

The new version of NI.8bi is 4/4/2004 4.04am, 853,504 bytes. I had deleted the old one.

However, the problem persists. When I invoke the plugin, I get the message the 'there is no image.'

I can still click the auto match button and it works just fine.

Best wishes
Bryan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Brian, thank you for re-downloading and checking.

I have just corrected one more issue and uploaded a new version. Please download it.

Thank you,
Vlad
Bryan Stone

That fixed it.

Post by Bryan Stone »

Thank you.

The 8bi file name and date, time and size were unchanged, but the problem is fixed.
Bryan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thanks a lot, Brian! You have really helped with your prompt response.

Vlad