4.0 and Photoshop timing

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Bryan Stone

4.0 and Photoshop timing

Post by Bryan Stone »

I thought I had posted this earlier today, but it does not seem to have appeared on the board.

An 8mp Minolta A2 image consistently takes 28 seconds to filter with NI 4.0 on my Pentium 4 2.8 ghz, timed with a stopwatch.

However, the timer in Photoshop CS gives numbers like 36, 56, 60, and even 130 seconds. It seems quite random.

This does not affect my use of NI, but it is not good for NI's reputation for speed if people are using it in their evaluations of NI.

We had a similar problem w NI 3xx and Photoshop 7.
Bryan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, I remember about the earlier report on the same issue with Photoshop. I couldn't find info on this issue yet. I believe this is Photoshop thing. I will try to search a bit more but I expect that there is little we can do about it anyway.

Thank you for reporting though.
Vlad
Bryan Stone

Photoshop Timing - Focus Magic, Radial Blur

Post by Bryan Stone »

I did a few timing tests with Focus magic, and the results were just wild as with NI.

With Photoshop's own radial blur filter, short times were inaccurate, but one which took 182 seconds on the stopwatch was reported as 202 seconds by PS - only a 10% error. I am not going to do many more of them.

So it's probably a PS issue.
Bryan