Calibration Target (color?)

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
DanZenzel

Calibration Target (color?)

Post by DanZenzel »

Yesterday, I thought I saw a calibration target that was multi-colored, but cannot locate it....

Does the color of the calibration target matter when creating profiles? It appears the ones on the profile page are gray-scale?

Does it matter?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, it may matter sometimes. Please use the built-in calibration target (together with the instructions therein) for the best results.

Vlad
DanZenzel

Post by DanZenzel »

Thanks,

Do you post both gray-scale and colored targets? if so, Do you have the links ? I have the gray-scale one printed. (When you say built-in? was it in the actual product somewhere that I just now miss? :-) )

Dan Z
DanZenzel

Post by DanZenzel »

Sorry Vlad,

I found the color one that I referenced.

In NI4, when selecting the calibration target, if I "DISPLAY" it on screen, it is in COLORS....yet when I choose SAVE, I get a grayscale BMP file.

Is there a JPG/BMP/TIFF of the color one that can be printed as a target to take picture of?

thanks
Dan Z
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, there is no separate file but you can always use PrintScreen to capture the color target from the screen and then paste it to an image editor and print it.

Vlad
taob

Post by taob »

Yep, that's pretty much what I did to produce the screenshot from one of my earlier messages asking about the colour vs B&W thing.

http://www.risc.org/Images/10D/ni4_colour_patches.png
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2
clkejm

Color vs Greyscale

Post by clkejm »

I am new here & need help. I just upgraded to N. I. 4.0 Pro +. Would like to print a Color Calibration Target. Am I to understand that you do not supply a download Color version of the "Target" and yet it is "sometimes" important to use color? I do not have an LCD monitor and thus do not feel I will get good results with a "screen image', either from the camera or doing a "screen print". Please excuse my inability to find the answer to this on my own. Thank you CB
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Using screen capture (press PrtScr key and then Paste to your image editor), you can get an accurate reproduction of the calibration target in the form of image file. You can then print out this image. The results will be as good as if you downloaded it from the internet.

Vlad

P.S. Do not overestimate the difference in targets. It is much less important than you probably think.
osmaneralp

Post by osmaneralp »

Please excuse me if I'm a little dense. Are you saying that is does not matter if we use the color target or the B&W target?

Osman
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The difference is not significant in most cases. If you shoot it off screen, use the color one. If you print it out, use whatever version you can print out.

Vlad