Neat Image 4.0 Pro with wine

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Mighty Flea

Is it fixed?

Post by Mighty Flea »

Hi NI,

I see there is a new version out.
Is the wine menu behaviour fixed in that version?
(You wrote about the help, but not about the other problem.)

Cheers,

Michael
Sony DSC-F828, NeatImage, Gimp with Linux
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, it is supposed to be fixed. Sorry, we forgot to mention that in the list. Please download the latest version.

Vlad
Nikolaus

NI with Wine

Post by Nikolaus »

Dear NITeam,

I have seen that version 4.1 was released. Demo still stands at 4.0. Before I buy, can you please confirm whether the Menu Problem when running in Wine is fixed in 4.1?

Thanks

Nikolaus
Nikolaus

Cancel that question

Post by Nikolaus »

Sorry Vlad, I should read the whole thread before asking questions that have been answered already :oops:

Thanks

Nikolaus
Skylen

I am very impressed!

Post by Skylen »

You have just scored a new Neat Image user! I tried the demo (first on my Windows box) and was blown away by the fabulous results. It was all the more dissapointing when I couldn't get the menus to work on Linux with Wine, which is where my serious image processing is done. But knowing that it's fixed, I am this very moment purchasing the Pro+ version.

A suggestion: put a note that the demo does not work properly on Linux, either on the download page, or on the front neatimage.com page where it's stated that Neat Image works with Wine on Linux. Or, even better, make an updated demo version 4.25. I was so close to giving up and trying to find another solution, maybe you can prevent other potential customers from doing the same?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, you are right, we will update the Demo. This will completely resolve this old issue.

Thank you,
Vlad
Lanius

Neat Image DEMO

Post by Lanius »

waiting for a working Menubar in WINE (20040813)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It works in non-Demo editions. We will update Demo soon as well.
InfiniteMonkey

Post by InfiniteMonkey »

I have version 4.4 of the Pro+ version running under Crossover 4.0 on Fedora Core 3. The menu rendering issues are gone and everything works very well.

There are a few minor glitches still, like the zoom with the mouse wheel doesn't always work and the preview in the file manager doesn't work, but these are pretty minor issues for usability. The HTML help files also don't work, but real men don't read instructions anyway. :P