Filtration queue: saving the queue

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
icefire

Filtration queue: saving the queue

Post by icefire »

It would be useful to be able to save the filtration queue to a file - e.g. save as landscape 01.bfq. Then to be able to load the saved filtration queue later and start processing it. For example, I may wish to queue filtration jobs for 10 large (25 megapixel) scanned images. I set up all the parameters for each job and add to the queue. Then I save the queue, exit Neat Image and do other things on the PC, including possibly restarting the computer. Later on, I start Neat Image, load the saved queue and run the filtration jobs overnight for perhaps 5 or 6 hours!

It would be better if jobs could be added to the queue and not start running automatically. (I can do this at present by adding the first job, stopping the queue and then adding further jobs - but I would like to make it default to "stopped").

A further feature that could be added to the queue saving and loading idea might be to make a partially executed queue resumable. Then a very long batch queue could be interrupted by the user and resumed later. I realise that might be difficult to implement.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, preserving queue content could be useful in certain cases. We will consider adding this functionality.

Regarding not starting processing jobs automatically, there are two ways to prevent this. Either stop the whole queue before you add anything (there are two buttons [start] and [stop] that control the whole queue) OR simply add jobs by ESCaping from the Filtration Job Editor (this will not enqueue the job).

Thank you once again for your suggestions.

Kind regards,
Vlad