JPEG out of camera to TIFF in PS

general questions about Neat Image
DougJ

JPEG out of camera to TIFF in PS

Post by DougJ »

Hi Folks,

Sometimes I take my pics (using an Olympus 2100UZ) in highest quality JPEG and once I move them to my computer I open them and resave them as TIFF files (and delete the JPEGs).

Now that I've got NI, and have made my own noice profiles for my camera (in both original TIFF and original JPEG images of clear blue sky), is my best bet to use my TIFF profile or should I generate a profile from the TIFF image (that has come from the orignal JPEG that I no longer have :( )?

TIA for your comments and advice

Doug
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

If you have already converted JPEGs to TIFFs then build profiles from these TIFFs. However these profiles should not be used for those TIFFs that were saved by the camera itself. So, you will have "profiles for JPEGs converted to TIFFs" and "profiles for native TIFFs", they will have different properties.

Vlad
DougJ

Post by DougJ »

Hi Vlad,
NITeam wrote:If you have already converted JPEGs to TIFFs then build profiles from these TIFFs. However these profiles should not be used for those TIFFs that were saved by the camera itself. So, you will have "profiles for JPEGs converted to TIFFs" and "profiles for native TIFFs", they will have different properties.

Vlad
Thanks for the prompt reply. Now that I think about it, that makes so much sense.

Ciao,

Doug