can't adjust noise reduction

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
debbecke

can't adjust noise reduction

Post by debbecke »

I'm a new user of Neat Image Pro+ v4.32. Problem is I'm getting inconsistent ability to adjust noise reduction (luminance channel adjustment) after opening image>auto profile>noise filter settings. Doesn't matter whether I go from Photoshop or via stand alone. Whether it works or not seems to be dependent on the size (bytes) of the image with smaller files being the ones that work. Is there a limit to the original file size for performing noise reduction?
-Dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is no limit.

Please describe this issued in a bit more details, the best would be a step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce the effect you observe.

Thank you,
Vlad
debbecke

Post by debbecke »

Vlad,

Thanks for the quick reply. I open Neat Image>Open Input Image>click Device Noise Profile tab>click Auto Profile>click Noise Filter Settings tab>click Preview>zoom>make luminance channel adjustments under Noise Reduction Amounts. I can swing the slider from 0 to 100% and get no detectable change in the previewed portion of the image.??
-Dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Did you always make sure Auto Profile selects a flat featureless area without visible details? Are there such areas in images that you process?

Thank you,
Vlad
debbecke

Post by debbecke »

Vlad,

Yes, Auto Profile is selecting a featureless region of the photograph. This would be black sky (without portions including stars) in an astrophoto.
-Dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you show an example of an image where you you cannot control noise reduction?

Thank you,
Vlad
debbecke

Post by debbecke »

The files sizes are so large I believe the only possible way of having you examine the images is by sending a CDROM. I've been tinkering with it since our last correspondence and remain unsuccessful. Should I try to reload the software?

-Dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I don't think reloading will help. Try to use smaller crops of the large images to see if that would be easier to send.

Vlad
deebbecke

Post by deebbecke »

Vlad,

I've taken a small crop of the image to provide you with an example but not sure how to send.
-Dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Pack the crop, the noise profile(s) and filter presets you use and then send to support@neatimage.com.

Thank you,
Vlad