Component Viewer moving

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
RIUM+

Component Viewer moving

Post by RIUM+ »

Throughout the program, the middle button/scroll wheel-click lets you move the image around. This is really handy, as I normally zoom to at least 300% or more whilst working on the images so I can compare/inspect the fine detail better.

In the component viewer, there is an option to zoom in. It's not parented to the main display's zoom; you can change one zoom and the other doesn't change. This is also good.

However, there's no way to move the view around in the component viewer window. If you zoom in to 300% or so, a lot of the filtered portion is simply not displayed. Enlarging the Component Viewer makes it so you can see more of the image, but it's not practical to make the window quadruple the length of your desktop and have to drag it back-and-forth.

Can the same middle-click movement that is present elsewhere in Neat Image be implemented in the Component Viewer so you can move around the filtered section if you're heavily zoomed in? When you middle-click on the component viewer the cursor changes to the movement cursor, but you can't move the viewport - I wasn't sure if that made it a feature already implemented that wasn't working or if it was a new feature altogether and this is a side effect of some same procedure being used to display the images program-wide.

RIUM+
aka Michael Anderson
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. We will have to check whether the current implementation allows such an improvement and will probably implement it if that will be feasible. Thank you for the useful suggestion.

Kind regards,
Vlad
RIUM+

Post by RIUM+ »

No problem, I'm just glad to help the development of such a great program. :)