Open and save difficulties

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Pieter

Open and save difficulties

Post by Pieter »

I've just buyed the PRO version for the batch facilities.

I have a lot of images I want to process. I find it annoying though that I can add them to the batch only one by one. Neither the command line, send to, nor the file open seems to allow me to open more then at a time (add to the batch). I would very much appreciate if this would be solved. After all, batch mode is about handling multiple files at once...

Then about saving. I'm not so very happy with the auto save.
I would prefer to be able to define some profile for it too: What the output filename should be, what type and what quality (in case of jpg).

Then I could apply this output profile to all fotos in the batch and enable auto-safe, getting the batch saved the way I want it.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Have you actually used the Batch window in Neat Image?

There is a direct possibility to select more than one image using the Open dialog box. Also there is the "Add folder" button to add ALL images from selected folder. So you do NOT have to add files one by one, there are several ways to add many files at once.

Regarding saving, you can also specify some profile for all images or for a group of them. You can specify one profile for all images (as well as the type and quality of the output files) using the Batch window. You can then assign an alternative profile for some of the images added by Batch to the queue. You can simply select some of the images in the queue and select a new profile for them.

So, I don't see why you cannot do what you want. All the functionality you mentioned is available right now.

I highly recommend the corresponding section of the user guide.

Please let me know if you still have any trouble with batch processing.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Thanks for the advices and clarification. This indead increases my productivity.

As for the opening, my annoyance started however from not being able to open multiple files from explorer (send to) or my image viewer. I would appreciate if this could be done. It saves me time (have to browse for the proper directory only once). Goes directly to the filtration queue obviously.

As for the saving, I'd prefer to be able to do such thing from the filtration queue, as I can for all other profiles,... This way, no matter what ways I add photo's to this queue, and what parts I do manually, I can finally save them all together as I want it. (Cf. my expectations on adding files...) That was what I was looking for but did not find. Have been looking on the wrong place. (Still the right place to me.)

I'd also appreciate some way of specifying the output file name. Some wildcard for original filename without extension would do for me. Now, I'm renaming again afterwards.

Now that I know the batch window better, I am missing the possibility to do the filtering manually (but nevertheless specify auto save).
I found following workaround:
- Set to auto profile
- Specify the wanted output type
- Select "do not profiel"
- Then queue and match profile as first thing.

kr,

Pieter