Wine 4.4 and Fedora Core 3

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image

Wine 4.4 and Fedora Core 3

Post by Guest »

Hello,
Linux Fedora Core 3 and Wine 20041019 or 20041201.
Starting the instalation under FC3 and Wine the Program was directly terminated with message boxes "Assertion failed:|bogus context in local-unwind()",file xx.cpp line 2281" and "Abnormal program termination". Wine installation was ok because some Microsoft-programs (IE, Outlook) are running with success.
I have tested all versions of wine available for Fedora Core 3 and even with an parallel installation under Win98, no one runs completely (see my last post).

Thanks
Frank
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The error message must be coming from Wine/Linux. In the previous post, I referred to another software to run NI under on Linux FC3. Did you try it?

Thank you,
Vlad
ibirman

Re: Wine 4.4 and Fedora Core 3

Post by ibirman »

Hi,

Which version of NI? The Demo does not work under wine, I have the Home edition.

I have NI 4.4 Home running under Mandrake 10.0 and wine 20041019. I used the following procedure:

- Create "install" directory
- Download NeatSetup.exe to "install" directory
- Start a shell session and cd to the install directory
- type "sudo wine NeatSetup.exe"
- Have it create a NeatImage directory under "install"
- You will get an error about help files
-You will get multiple CoCreateInstance errors when it tries to create links in non-existent windows directories.

I am then able to run NI using "wine NeatImage/NeatImage.exe"

Here is one image I processed:
http://www.pbase.com/ibirman/image/36688793

Igor
Anonymous wrote:Hello,
Linux Fedora Core 3 and Wine 20041019 or 20041201.
Starting the instalation under FC3 and Wine the Program was directly terminated with message boxes "Assertion failed:|bogus context in local-unwind()",file xx.cpp line 2281" and "Abnormal program termination". Wine installation was ok because some Microsoft-programs (IE, Outlook) are running with success.
I have tested all versions of wine available for Fedora Core 3 and even with an parallel installation under Win98, no one runs completely (see my last post).

Thanks
Frank