Instaling Neat Image on PC as Photoshop CS Plugin????

general questions about Neat Image
candle25

Instaling Neat Image on PC as Photoshop CS Plugin????

Post by candle25 »

I downloaded the demo package. Then I unzipped it and placed the entire folder in my PS plug in folder. After restarting PS "Neat Image" was not found under "Filters". What have I done wrong?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You have to:

1) download the zip file;

2) unzip the zip file (it contains a package);

3) start the unzipped package; (you haven't done this)

Then the installer will automatically put the plug-in into PS.
candle25

Post by candle25 »

I did that and now I can run Neat Image as a stand alone, but not as a plugin. I went to the "plug in and scratch disc" option in PS and directed it to the Neat Image file. It still didn't work or if it did I can't find Neat Image under "filters, actions, or automate". What do I need to do now?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

BTW, are we talking about Windows or Mac version of Neat Image Demo? - The Windows version only includes the standalone application, no plug-in. The Mac version includes only the plug-in.
candle25

Post by candle25 »

I see. I have windows OS. Thanks for the help.
sang

Post by sang »

Can we go back to this subject. Sorry for asking this, because I'm quite new with this and Photoshop. So which means we have to use NI as a standalone sine there is no plugins for Win version? Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There are plug-ins for Win but they are not included in the Demo. The plug-in version of the filter is available in Home+ and Pro+ edition of Neat Image /Win.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
roveberg

This is unclear

Post by roveberg »

Just so that you know, I found this fact really unclear on the website when I was downloading the Setup file. I've installed this program expecting the plug-in to automatically be installed also - it's included in all the help-files, after all - and was confounded as to why it wasn't showing up inside Photoshop. I spent at least an hour or so on this issue, and I'm sure many others have also.

I think you should make it very clear on the demo download that the Photoshop plugin is not included, so that no other people make the same error.

Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. We will improve this aspect of the website.

Kind regards,
Vlad
roveberg

Much appreciated

Post by roveberg »

Thanks so much!

Great product. Well done.