Computer Freezes When Using 'APPLY'

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
colliewalker1

Post by colliewalker1 »

I am using a demo version of Neat Image (Home)- my operating sytem is Windows XP.

I am having a lot of trouble in the final stage of aqpplying the system to tiff images - at the 'APPLY' stage the progress bar fails to complete and the computer 'freezes' necessitating a reboot. :roll:

I will be converting the images to jpeg when all the editing is complete; would it help to carry out all other editing and conversion to jpeg FIRST?

When on a few occasions the filtering HAS worked it is very impressive. :)

Can you help please
colliewalker1

Post by colliewalker1 »

This is a follow up to my previous post.

I tried converting one of my tiff images to jpeg before applying filtering - it made no differenc - PC still froze! :cry:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This is quite unusual. My first suspicion is a faulty hardware. If you have another PC closely available please try Neat Image Demo there, I expect it will work just fine. The trouble may be caused by overheating of the processor because Neat Image noise reduction is a computationally intensive process which quickly make the processor hot.

Please also submit a bug report form to let us know more about the configuration of the computer and about the images.

Thank you very much,
Vlad

P.S. Regarding your question, I would advise to process TIFF until the very last step in your workflow. In this way you will lose less quality because of JPEG compression.