Chromatic aberration and improved sharpening

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
boffellid

Chromatic aberration and improved sharpening

Post by boffellid »

1- Sharpening in neat Image has improved significantly with the newer versions and I now use it as my main sharpening tool. Indipendent control of the light and dark sharpening halos, a feature also missing in Photoshop Unsharp masking, would make it much better.

2- A package including control of chromatic aberration/purple fringing, in addition to Noise removal and Sharpening, would be a very complete image improvement package.

3- I agree with a previous poster on suggesting a deblur/deconvolution program. Those I tried (FocusFixer, Focus magic, Optipix, Image analyzer) suffer from one or more problem, including plugging highlights and shadows, excess artifacts and noise amplification and inability to handle large image files (eg 6000x4000 ppi 16-bit scans).

Dario Boffelli
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestions! Well, I cannot promise we will implement all of them soon but we will consider what we can realistically do. It is important to know that certain functionality is required so thank you very much for expressing your opinion.

Kind regards,
Vlad
andewid

Post by andewid »

A limited sharpen feature would be great. It would reduce halos when doing heavy sharpening.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=84196 they have illustration and discussion about its benefits.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Neat Image already does limited sharpen since v4.0 as far as I remember. It is called Conservative sharpening.

Of course it could be further improved..

Thank you for the suggestion.
Vlad