Text missing in NI Pro 4.5 using Crossover - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
pcl

Text missing in NI Pro 4.5 using Crossover - resolved

Post by pcl »

I'm able to get NeatImage (NI) Pro 4.5 installed and running on my FC3 system using Crossover, but not the latest wine (20050310). Would be happy to use Crossover, but very little text appears on the NI windows. Here is a screenshot of a couple of the NI windows.

I am also unable to see the licence agreement on installation.

Are there particular fonts I need to have installed? Any other hints?

Philip.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Philip,

It must be something with fonts. Lets try to check this: please test whether the text is shown in the About box (Help -> About).

Thank you,
Vlad
pcls

Post by pcls »

Dear Vlad,

The text in the About screen looks OK to me. Here is a screenshot:

In case it's relevent, I've got MS IE6 SP1 with Internet tools installed, as well as DCOM95 with Crossover (still get a message that the HTML help files won't work, but that's a minor matter) and I have all the standard MS web fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, etc.) installed, both as part of Crossover, and accessible to other Linux-run programmes. Resolution set at 96 dpi on a 1024x768 display. I vaguely recall seeing something in this forum (I think) about using qtconfig to fix some display problems. A little tinkering with font sizes and families in qtconfig didn't seem to produce the missing text in NI, however.

Regards,
Philip.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Philip,

Thank you for the screenshot. Yes, it seems the trouble is caused by the fonts, and specifically by font sizes as specified in some Neat Image controls. The missing text has a different font size as compared with the visible text.

I will prepare a test version of Neat Image with modified font sizes so that you could test it on your computer. This will take some time however. - I will send you a download link in the coming days.

Thank you,
Vlad
pcls

Post by pcls »

Vlad,

That sounds good. Thank you.

Regards,
Philip.