Just a suggestion for those who want more Mac development.

questions about practical use of Neat Image
nsfbr

Just a suggestion for those who want more Mac development.

Post by nsfbr »

So, I am a user who squeaked and squeaked for the Mac version. I downloaded the demo and shortly thereafter paid for a license. I'm happy with it for an initial release. However, I do hope it catches up somewhat to the PC version.

Now I know that development follows the money, so this is a thought for those who feel like I do that this is a product worth supporting: Tell people. I saw the latest update on versiontracker and was stunned to see that there were a total of 0 reviews of Neat Image there. To the uninformed this makes it seem like this is just an obscure somewhat pricey plugin for Photoshop, when in reality NI is THE standard.

So, I'm looking for others to post reviews at VT, or wherever else you frequent for info on software. I'm not saying you should be a shill for it, just be honest. Heck, I rated it 4 stars rather than 5 and explained why. I just think that we all benefit with some buzz and some indication out there that this thing does what it does and that it is actually worth $40 for "making images look better".
RanKep

Post by RanKep »

NSFBR...Great point that you make. Personally, I think this is one of the better noise reduction programs out there. I applaud Neat Image for porting this over to the Mac community and I hope they find it worth their investment of time and effort. It's an essential and vital part of my professional, digital workflow.
2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 10GB RAM, 512 NVidia Grahpics card and (2) Canon 5D's.
johne

Talking it up

Post by johne »

I will always brag about the Neat Image product and its developers.

I've been using the PC version since it was first in early beta, years ago. Its always been a fantastic product and its results have always blown the socks off any other noise reduction tool out there.

As our business has grown, we've also expanded to a Mac (G5) environment AS WELL as the PC. I'm also hoping some of the PC functionality will also make its way into the Mac version... mainly the stand-alone batch feature. Thge single image Photoshot plugin doesn't really work with our workflow.

Kudos to the Neat Image team for a great product.

Best regards,
John
Ephotique
San Diego, CA.