PFS Image Darkroom and NI in Canon RAW workflow

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
NITeam

PFS Image Darkroom and NI in Canon RAW workflow

Post by NITeam »

As a member of Neat Image team, I am now writing to let those forum members who are interested in using Neat Image in a RAW workflow know that if you use PFS Image Darkroom software developed by ProFotoSoftware then you can directly utilize the standalone Neat Image in your PFS Image Darkroom RAW workflow.

Some details about PFS Image Darkroom and integration with NI:

- PFS Image Darkroom is a standalone application for Windows (Windows 98SE or better)

- Raw Formats supported: Canon EOS Raw Images

- Neat Image version required: Neat Image v4.x Home, Home+,Pro or Pro+ edition standalone

- Neat Image capabilities supported: Auto Profile, Specific Profile, Specific Presets

- Workflow: PFS Image Darkroom calls Neat Image either as soon as the RAW Image has been developed (best quality but slower) or after downsizing and post processing (lower quality but faster).

For more details please see this ProFotoSoftware page explaining Neat Image integration.

Hope this information is interesting.
Vlad
taob

Post by taob »

Very interesting! So PFS does not come with an embedded version of NI, but rather uses an existing install of NI to do the work? It also sounds like it uses NI on the converted image data, rather than working on the raw data before it is converted?
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2
profotos

Post by profotos »

taob wrote:Very interesting! So PFS does not come with an embedded version of NI, but rather uses an existing install of NI to do the work? It also sounds like it uses NI on the converted image data, rather than working on the raw data before it is converted?
That's right - it uses the command line interface to call Neat Image.

It sends the converted image data to NeatImage. PFS also features loads of image enhancement options, and it can call NeatImage before doing the enhancements or afterwards - the latter being available to speed up noise reduction during it's 'save for web' option as the downsized image is sent to NeatImage. When I tested NeatImage in this set up I was very impressed with the results - I had expected it to struggle with downsized images (from a quality point of view) but it had no problems at all.
Andy Bell
ProFotoSoftware Ltd
Canon EOS Raw Processing for Windows
taob

Post by taob »

Thanks for your reply, Andy. It's always nice to have more options when it comes to raw conversion software. :)
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2