Default filter presets per noise profile

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Jobo

Default filter presets per noise profile

Post by Jobo »

Hi!

Thanks for a great program!

Since noise characteristics can be so different between different profiles, I think it would be handy to be able to associate a default filter preset with each noise profile. Of course, the current behavior should be kept as an option...

What do you think?

Currently going over old scanned APS film pictures to see what can be salvaged; it seems like quite a few.

/Jobo
GCS/M d- s+:+ a- C++(++++) UBLS++ P+ L+ E+>++ W++ N++ o? K? w-(---) O- V?
M-(+) PS++ PE- Y++ PGP- t-- 5? X- R+ tv-- b+++@ DI+ D+ G e+++$>++++ h+ y?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think it is a good idea. In fact this was already suggested some time ago and we added that in out to do list. I think you will this feature added in one of the newer versions of Neat Image.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Vlad
Alain

Post by Alain »

Hi

Is there a simple way to save the filter preset with the name of the noise profile? I can save them one at a time and rename, but that's quite some work.

I'm now using two camera's (P&S and DSLR) and the noise is quite different.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This is not automated right now, you have to rename them manually. IN principle you can copy the name from the Save profile dialog into the Save preset dialog if you save a profile and then a preset associated with this profile.

Vlad
Alain

Post by Alain »

Ok, will do the manual rename.

Alain
Alain

Post by Alain »

Hi

I did make a filter preset for every profile. Unfortunaly the filter preset keeps going to "default" whatever option I do select. Is this normal, I would expect it to choose the right filter preset...

Alain
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You probably did not adjust the Preset Matching options. Please check menu Tools | Options | Matching | Preset Matching, make sure "Look for preset in folder of used profile" is enabled.

Also, in Tools | Options | Defaults | Default Filter Preset, "Auto match preset" should be selected.

And of course profiles and presets should be in the same folted their names should be the same.

Vlad
Alain

Post by Alain »

Hi Vlad
NITeam wrote:You probably did not adjust the Preset Matching options. Please check menu Tools | Options | Matching | Preset Matching, make sure "Look for preset in folder of used profile" is enabled.

Also, in Tools | Options | Defaults | Default Filter Preset, "Auto match preset" should be selected.

And of course profiles and presets should be in the same folted their names should be the same.

Vlad
I did check those thing (and now again). As far as I can see this is clearly ok. Unfortunaly neatimage keeps taking "default". Any suggestions?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, I guess I have to reproduce your setup to see what is going on.

I will need a sample image, profiles and presets you use, the exact description of all Neat Image Options you use. I will setup my copy NI in exactly the same way and will check which preset is selected when the image is loaded, why and what to do.

Please send all the above materials to support at neatimage.com and I will try to help.

Thank you,
Vlad