NI for cine use...continued..

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
fredd

NI for cine use...continued..

Post by fredd »

Hello Vlad!
...and thank you.

... I would be lying if I didnt tell you that NI saved a number of effects shots for this motion picture we've been working with...

Now, Vlad, we would like you to do an extension of your software that wouldnt need expensive API packs for Shake or Combustion...or whatever... No..

We want a "CinéNI" command line render node written in ANSI C compilable for *nix :-)
This "snippet" of code should take commanline arguments.. and it would read in profiles and filter settinsg laying as files in the image directory.. or otherwise pointed to as an argument.
The profiles would be built in the ordinary Win NI app - no need for change there!

And for "CinéNI" v.2.0 you would have put in motion optical flow algorithms into you already superior code.

"CinéNI" would be a cash cow!! We have 20 something linux render nodes waiting for a command line app...

Cheers,
fredd, Farmland Pictures
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

fredd,

Thank you for your kind words, suggestion and comments. I will send you an e-mail with my comments.

Thank you,
Vlad

P.S. Tried to send an e-mail to your address that I have but the e-mail bounced. Please register in the forum or just send me an e-mail so that I could reply. Thank you.
michaelj

Post by michaelj »

I am also interested in "CineNI" and your comments, Vlad.
In my case it would be fine, if that would work with WINE, it does not need to be a native *NIX app.

The earlier suggested solutions in the forum with several scripts seem to me too complicated and inefficient (new call of NI for each frame).
The additional possible algorithms for video/cine, detection of movements etc., seems me to have much potential for approvements. But i think, that NI is already superior without that additional algos (and it is affordable for home use).

Thanks Michael
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Michael and also anyone who is interested in such a version of Neat Image:

Please send an e-mail to support at neatimage.com (I will be there) and describe your requirements: rendering platform (hardware and software), workflow, required interface for the noise filter, etc.

By receiving your e-mail we will accumulate the most common requirements for a cine version of NI and hopefully will find a way to satisfy most of them with a generic solution based on NI.

Thank you,
Vlad
DaveQ

Neat Batch / Neat Batch AVI: Video Processing for Neat Image

Post by DaveQ »

Just finished coding a video solution (and more!) for Neat Image... check it out:

http://www.isochroma.com/Testfiles/NB/neatbatch.htm