PSD Files

questions about practical use of Neat Image
devster

PSD Files

Post by devster »

just loaded NI Pro+ into PSCS, and want to work on an existing Photoshop File. With the document open, I go to Filters / Neat Image and it opens what appears as a stand alone version and does not offer me the option of opening the PSD file that is already open, only jpeg, bit of tiff. I never save any of my RAW Files as anything other than a PSD file. I hope that I do not have to convert them all to tiffs to be able to proceed with the noise reduction.

Any tips on this process is Greatly Appreciated.
Canon 20D, 10-20, 17-40L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8IS
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

When you go to Filters / Neat Image and it opens, it is the plug-in, not standalone, and in the plug-in window you have the image that you apply the Neat Image filter to. If you open a RAW or PSD image in Photoshop and then open Neat Image plug-in then it is that RAW (or PSD) image that shows in the plug-in. You don't need to manually open the image in the plug-in, it is already there. You just have to prepare a noise profile, adjust the filter settings and apply the plug-in. That will apply the noise reduction to the image you opened in Photoshop. So, the plug-in basically works as any other Photoshop filter, like Unsharp Mask.

If the process is still unclear please see this quick start guide or follow this step-by-step instruction in the user guide.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
devster

Post by devster »

ahhhh,,,,,yes! WE have attained nirvana, Thi is how i was expecting the process to proceed, Very happy with the results, there is a Marked Improvment in the noise that I have worked on.
Thank you Much,
Canon 20D, 10-20, 17-40L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8IS