Manual fine tune clarifications

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Ilan

Manual fine tune clarifications

Post by Ilan »

Today I've used NI for the first time and trying to figure out some procedures and terms that are confusing me
English is not my native language so it could be because of that.
The issue is "case of manual profiling" pages 24-28 in the user guide
the part that I don't understand is "manual fine tuning analyzer"
I get yellow shading on some of the equalizer sliders values.
In the user guide text red and orange are mentioned , not yellow
Yellow is mentioed later referring to values that are overridden by the user (which I did not)
Then why do I get yellow shades on some of the sliders which have not
been tweaked by me? what does it mean?(btw the numbers characters on those sliders are red)
Now when I reset an individual slider I cannot redo it so I press the auto complete button to give a value back
If I reset the whole EQ.(trash) than I am not able to proceed profiling
nothing happens when I try the auto or manual fine tune. Neither
the rough profiling isn't working. I have to reopen the image again and proceed from the begining
On page 28 there is a figure explanation for each state of the indicator elements , what does it mean "will be affected if current selection would be analyzed" can anybody elaborate on this?
I'll appreciate a lot any help! I'm a newbie I've to improve :? Thanks in advance!
Ilan
NITeam

Re: Manual fine tune clarifications

Post by NITeam »

Ilan wrote:The issue is "case of manual profiling" pages 24-28 in the user guide the part that I don't understand is "manual fine tuning analyzer"
I get yellow shading on some of the equalizer sliders values.
In the user guide text red and orange are mentioned , not yellow
Yellow is mentioed later referring to values that are overridden by the user (which I did not)
Then why do I get yellow shades on some of the sliders which have not
been tweaked by me? what does it mean?
The most likely reason why you have yellow shades is that you used one of "auto" functions like Auto Profile, Auto Fine-Tune, Auto Complete before doing manual fine-tuning. All of them may adjust some of the sliders, which may result in yellow shadings. For example, if the noise analysis provided measurements only for some of the sliders then Auto Complete will interpolate the measured data onto the sliders that did not get any values during the analysis (Auto Profile and Auto Fine-Tune invoke Auto Complete automatically as well so they will produce yellow shadings too). Since these interpolated values are not as accurate as measured values, they get different shadings. Interpolated values get yellow shadings, measured - green shadings.

BTW, if you do manual fine-tuning then at this point of profiling you normally don't have any yellow shades because in manual fine-tuning workflow you usually don't use any of the "auto" functions till the end of fine-tuning when you use Auto Complete.
Ilan wrote:Now when I reset an individual slider I cannot redo it
Why? What prevents
Ilan wrote:I am not able to proceed profiling nothing happens when I try the auto or manual fine tune. Neither the rough profiling isn't working.
I guess you just have to select an area in the image to analyse. I see no other reason why any kind of analysis would not work at this point.
Ilan wrote:On page 28 there is a figure explanation for each state of the indicator elements , what does it mean "will be affected if current selection would be analyzed"

You have selected an area in the image, supposedly a flat featureless area that you want to analyse. The indicators show which sliders in the equalized are going to get new measured values IF you click the fine-tune button now.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Ilan

Manual fine tuning

Post by Ilan »

Vlad, thanks for the fast reply,

Ilan wrote:
On page 28 there is a figure explanation for each state of the indicator elements , what does it mean "will be affected if current selection would be analyzed"

Your response:
You have selected an area in the image, supposedly a flat featureless area that you want to analyse. The indicators show which sliders in the equalized are going to get new measured values IF you click the fine-tune button now.

Ok, now thats completely understood the word IF changed evrything

Now I still confront some issues: :?
1. When I execute "rough analyzer" button (after I selected a featureless image area)
am I supposed to see at this stage any values at any channel on the graphic EQ? because I don't. All sliders are still at 0% value
except I see 2-3 of the sliders at different r,g,b chanels at 0% but with green shades the rest are gray shades. Is it how it supposed to be?(at this stage)
Now if I proceed and execute the manual fine tune after drawing a new selection then I start getting green shades values on different sliders and channels, I reapeat this steps (drawing new image areas and press the manual fine tune) until I get most of the sliders filled up with green shaded values. Then I execute the auto complete to fill in values
for the few sliders that where left at 0% level (they get new values & yellow shades)
Is my procedure correct?
Thanks,
Ilan
NITeam

Re: Manual fine tuning

Post by NITeam »

Ilan wrote:1. When I execute "rough analyzer" button (after I selected a featureless image area) am I supposed to see at this stage any values at any channel on the graphic EQ?
Not necessarily. Usually the rough analyzer does not affect the equalizer since it is not its main job. The fine-tuning analyzer is supposed to fill the equalizer with values when you repeatedly fine-tune the profile manually.
Ilan wrote:All sliders are still at 0% value
except I see 2-3 of the sliders at different r,g,b chanels at 0% but with green shades the rest are gray shades. Is it how it supposed to be?(at this stage)
Yes, this is how it should be. You just have to proceed to fine-tune the profile now.
Ilan wrote:Now if I proceed and execute the manual fine tune after drawing a new selection then I start getting green shades values on different sliders and channels, I reapeat this steps (drawing new image areas and press the manual fine tune) until I get most of the sliders filled up with green shaded values. Then I execute the auto complete to fill in values for the few sliders that where left at 0% level (they get new values & yellow shades) Is my procedure correct?
Yes, this is exactly how it is described in the user guide. You got it right. :)

Vlad