Availability of Old Noise Profiles

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Canaima

Availability of Old Noise Profiles

Post by Canaima »

I have 2 versions of the program - Version 4.0 & Version 5.2. I still occasionally use Version 4.0 as it "plugs in" as a filter for an older version of Paint Shop Pro that I still like to use. While I know that profiles are available for 5.2 (thanks!), I'd still like to have access for profiles for 4.0. Are they available anywhere on your website, or do you provide profiles only for your new version? Seems a shame not to still offer them here if they still exist.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The latest version should also be able to plug in as a filter to that older version of PSP if v4.0 did.

The older profiles are available (please e-mail support to get a link) but I recommend to use the latest version of the plug-in. It works better and you will not need old profiles too.

Vlad
Canaima

Post by Canaima »

Thaks for the superfast reply. When I attempt to use the 5.2 profiles for a FUJI FinePix 4700 in Version 4.0, I get an error that reads, in part: "...Specified file contains a device noise profile built with a newer version of Neat Image. It cannot be used with this version of the software."

I'd like to exclusively use the newer version, but cannot locate the plugin for PSP 9.0 in the Neat Image Version 5.2 Pro (not Pro+) that I purchased, a file which would have an ".8bf" suffix. It's not in the Zip file & the installation doesn't appear to have generated this file.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, new profiles will not work in older versions of Neat Image. This is by design.

I believe you purchased a license for the Home+ or Pro+ edition of Neat Image in the past, correct? If you did then you can still use it to download the latest version of the same edition.

You will not find the plug-in in the Pro edition but you can download either Home+ or Pro+ edition (depending on the license you purchased in the past) and get the plug-in from it.

Vlad
Canaima

Post by Canaima »

Aha! That little trick did indeed do the trick, Vlad, for which I thank you.

After using my Home + Version 4.0 download name & registration number to download the Home + 5.1 version of the program, I installed it, & then found the ".8bf" plugin file that I needed which was generated by the install. I then moved this file to the appropriate PSP folder, and it works very nicely.

Thanks again for the help, not to mention the super-quickness of your replies. Fast & timely software support these days is almost impossible to come by!