What's the relation between "match" and "qual

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Alain

What's the relation between "match" and "qual

Post by Alain »

Hi

Inside the filtration queu there are two columns : match and quality.

I do know (or think to know) what they represent, but what's the relation between both?

Schould one strive to a so high possible value of the product of both, or doesn't matter it much as long as the profile is above 95%?

Are there values for where it's usefull to add profiles??

Alain
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is no relation, that's why there are two indicators. One shows the quality of the profile itself, irrespective of the input image. Another one shows how closely this specific profile matches the input image (bases on the image and profile's metadata).

I recommend to strive for both indicators showing high values whenever possible.

I didn't quite undestand your last question. Would you re-phrase please?

Thank you,
Vlad
Alain

Post by Alain »

Hi Vlad
NITeam wrote:There is no relation, that's why there are two indicators. One shows the quality of the profile itself, irrespective of the input image. Another one shows how closely this specific profile matches the input image (bases on the image and profile's metadata).
Ok
NITeam wrote: I recommend to strive for both indicators showing high values whenever possible.

I didn't quite undestand your last question. Would you re-phrase please?
While I understand that it's usefull to make more profiles, there's probably a moment when this isn't adding much quality. I do suspect that this depends on the quality of the profile and on the match between photo and profile. My question : Is there a rule of tumb when there isn't added noticable quality any more when more profiles are added?

Alain
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You probably build a profile set (you say "to make more profiles", "more profiles are added", so I have to assume you are talking about building a profile set). In this case, I recommend to start with this section of the user guide. It explains which camera parameters should be accounted for when building a profile set. Such a list of parameters should be the starting point when you build a profile set. Now, the larger is this list the more profiles you have to build and therefore the more modes will have corresponding profiles. In principle, the more the better but in most cases you can stay within the suggested list and leave the rest of parameters out. The resulting inaccuracy (usually quite small) can then be compensated by using Auto Fine-Tune with every new input image that you process using a pre-built noise profile.

Vlad
Alain

Post by Alain »

NITeam wrote:You probably build a profile set (you say "to make more profiles", "more profiles are added", so I have to assume you are talking about building a profile set). In this case, I recommend to start with this section of the user guide. It explains which camera parameters should be accounted for when building a profile set. Such a list of parameters should be the starting point when you build a profile set. Now, the larger is this list the more profiles you have to build and therefore the more modes will have corresponding profiles. In principle, the more the better but in most cases you can stay within the suggested list and leave the rest of parameters out. The resulting inaccuracy (usually quite small) can then be compensated by using Auto Fine-Tune with every new input image that you process using a pre-built noise profile.

Vlad
Thanks for the answer. I was only seeking a way to see if there was a rule when to stop. Will add some rather unusual combination in the comming weeks.

Alain