Setting output folder for auto-save does not work (NI 5.1)

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Web-Engel

Setting output folder for auto-save does not work (NI 5.1)

Post by Web-Engel »

Hi,

(had to re-create this message because I was not able to respond to my previous message. Also, unable to create an account because I don't see any code (not seeing-impaired). Sorry for the second post. Feel free to delete the first one. Thanks for the quick answer.)

I have problems setting the output folder. All of my images are saved to the input folder, despite:

- in Tools/Options/Folders, both boxes are checked
- I do load one image first and save it to the output folder

When I then manually save the second file, NI suggests the correct output folder, so it does memorize it. Afterwards, I check the "Auto-Save" option and start NI on two more files. They end up in the input folder.

I did read all three posts in the forum about folder issues. Still, I cannot get NI to automatically save to the output folder.

I am a registered user of NI. My version is 5.1 Home Edition.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Martin
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Martin,

Since you cannot register to reply in the forum, please send an e-mail to support at neatimage.com if you need to reply.

I think the effect you observe is caused by the fact that every image filtration job is independent in terms of input/output folders. By default Neat Image saves the output into the folder of input image. You can change this in two ways:

1) Use the output file save dialog and select a different folder for this image; you have to do this manually for every image though;

or

2) Use the Batch window to create all image filtration jobs and select "Save to specified folder" option instead of "Save to folders of input images". In this way, you have to select the destination folder only once.

Hope this helps.
Vlad