Can't save after upgrading to Bibble4.4 - bug in Bibble

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Greg Lovern

Can't save after upgrading to Bibble4.4 - bug in Bibble

Post by Greg Lovern »

I can't save output from Neat Image Pro 5.2 from RAW files converted by Bibble 4.4 Lite. I just upgraded to Bibble 4.4 tonight.

I can still save output from older files converted before today by Bibble 4.3.

Everything works fine until I click the "Save Output Image" button. Then, it tries to save, and after a moment I get this message:

[Error]
Neat Image tried to save image to file: <path>
Error during saving image to the hard drive.
Please check whether there is enough free space on the hard drive where the image is being saved.
<OK>

The hard drive is 160GB and has about 32GB free. I also tried saving to two other drives, both much smaller but still with many gigabytes free. Same problem.

I've tried doing nothing in Neat Image but accepting defaults. Same Problem.

I tried rebooting. Same problem.

I was still on Neat Image Pro 5.1 when the problem started happening. I reinstalled it, same problem. Then I downloaded Neat Image Pro 5.2 and installed. Same problem.

Any suggestoins?

Thanks,

Greg Lovern
Greg Lovern

Post by Greg Lovern »

I posted this question at the Bibble forum too, and an administrator suggested turning off (in Bibble) EXIF export, explaining that "We did add some new code to exif info to export gps etc."

That seems to have fixed the problem.

But, it would be nice not to have to throw the EXIF away. Can this be fixed in Neat Image?

Thanks,

Greg Lovern
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Greg,

Could you send me (support at neatimage.com) a sample image that shows this effect? I will reproduce the effect and will check what causes it in this image.

Thank you,
Vlad
Greg Lovern

Post by Greg Lovern »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks, but now I can't make the problem happen again. And I had deleted all the affected RAW conversions once I got it working without the EXIF.

I tried deleting Bibble settings, reinstalling Bibble 4.4, verifying that the reinstall changed my settings back to default (which includes saving the EXIF), and tried again. Still no problem. I checked to make sure that it is actually saving more EXIF with the EXIF setting than without, and it is.

I guess it was all just a weird fluke. Thanks anyway. I'll leave another post here if the problem starts happening again.

Greg.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Greg,

Thank you for trying. I hope it will not happen again, and if it does, please save a sample image for me.

Thank you very much,
Vlad