Light adjustments not saved - not bug

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
nite

Light adjustments not saved - not bug

Post by nite »

im having the same issue it seems....NI will save the noise reduction data but not the lighting and effects data...i.e brightness shadding etc...resulting in waves of low quality lighting where the final saved effects should be
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

NI is supposed to save only noise reduction results, nothing else. You probably mean the viewer adjustments by "lighting and effects". The viewer adjustments are only applied to the viewer, that is how the image is displayed on the screen, not to the actual image data. These adjustments are supposed to help you better see some parts of the image, but they don't change the actual image data.

If you are still not sure about the results you obtain please send an e-mail with some samples to support and we will check what is wrong.

Thank you,
Vlad
nite

Post by nite »

wow really...because about a week ago it saved the lighting adjustments i made
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Then we must be talking about different lighting adjustments. :-)

Could you clarify what is it exactly?

Vlad
nite

Post by nite »

ok you kno when you apply the settings with noise and sharpening...then the half sun is up there and you can adjust the contrast and lighting then save it...well it was saving it...i usually brighten them up a lil bit...but it doesnt save it anymore...it just removes noise and leaves waves of effect....i can email it if you want
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Again, if by "contrast and lighting" you mean the controls in this panel: Image
then I can say for sure that Neat Image never saved these adjustments into the output image file. These are adjustments are only applied to the viewer.

Regarding "waves of effect", I am not sure what you are trying to describe. Please send a small sample image ('before' and 'after') to support and we will try to figure out what is wrong.

Thank you,
Vlad
nite

Post by nite »

well ok...it doesnt save the lighting...if thats true then why does it leave this effect on the photos...like its trying to put somethin there...

NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you send a before/after sample image to support at neatimage.com so that we analyzed the image data please?

Vlad
nite

Post by nite »

do you see those waves on there?