Automatic Profile Selection - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
yngdiego

Automatic Profile Selection - resolved

Post by yngdiego »

I'm using NI 5.25 Pro+ with CS2 and my Canon 5D. I created noise profiles for RAW files for all ISOs (which were actually posted on here). NI recognizes the profiles (lists them in the device noise pull down). However, when I select 'Auto Match Profile' I get an error saying "Neat Image cannot find a matching preset for the input image".

However, if I manually select the wrong profile (say ISO 1600) and click on the auto match button, I get the error message BUT it changes the profile to correct matching ISO speed of the current image.

So I take a look at the matching parameters and they are as follows:
Device: Match
ISO rate: High
All others: Ignore (changed this to try and help)

It appears to me the error message is wrong, since it does flip back to the right ISO matching profile. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I want to do batch processing in CS2, and I can't have this error message keep coming up.

Thanks,

Derek
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It looks like profile matching is working correctly, but preset matching does not (probably because it is misconfigured). Disable preset matching in Options | Matching | Preset Matching, and the error message will disappear.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
yngdiego

Post by yngdiego »

I unchecked both boxes (Look for preset...., follow preset matching...) and I still get the error every time.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Did you restart Neat Image after disabling preset matching? Do you have any preset matching rules in the preset matching table?

Thank you,
Vlad
yngdiego

Post by yngdiego »

Yes I've restarted it many times (using plug-in in CS2 and opening multiple files) and no matching rules.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

And you did select to NOT do "Auto match preset" in Options | Defaults | Default Filter Preset?
yngdiego

Post by yngdiego »

Ah ha! That was it. Thanks! I wish these features were a bit more intuitive or that the warning box gave you the option to turn off that checkbox so you wouldn't have to go hunting for it.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, this could be improved, I agree.

BTW, why that option was enabled in the first place?

Post by Guest »

Um not sure...I could have turned it on..not sure.