Fuji S9000 profile quick fix

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Frost

Fuji S9000 profile quick fix

Post by Frost »

This is my first post and so I wanted to contribute by passing along a thing I found on fixing the profile for the Fuji S9000 (USA model) You can download a profile from Neat Image for the Fuji S9500 camera. They are technically the same camera as the S9000, but the S9500 is the European model.

When I was testing Neat Image (before I bought the Pro + license) I could not get it to recognize the downloaded Fuji FinePix S9500 profiles stored in a folder in the Profile Folder. Even though I went into the Options and to the "Folders" and set the profile pointer to point to the downloaded profiles it would not recognize my camera's images. I have the Fuji S9000 camera (bought 3 days ago)

So here is what I tried. I renamed all the profile names from S9500 to S9000 and the folder from S9500 to S9000 and then went back in the "OPTIONS" and to the "FOLDERS" and reset the folders to the new name. Tried it out and I did not receive the error message that it could not find a suitable profile.

I wasn't too sure where to put this, but you might want to make this a sticky or.. better yet, configure the software so that if the S9500 or S9000 profiles are loaded it will just look at S9XXX as the default and go with that. Make sense?
:idea:
Vern
Vern
Former Nebraskan
"I remember when dirt was new and rocks were soft"
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

If only the names of these two cameras are different then Neat Image should be instructed to ignore this difference. You can do this by reducing the Input device priority in Options | Matching | Profile Matching | Matching parameters priorities. Neat Image would then not try to find the profiles with the fully-matching device names and would match based on device mode parameters.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Frost

S9000 not quite the same

Post by Frost »

Well, the Camera's are similar, just one is European designation model (S9500) and the USA model is S9000. Intersetingly, when I opened up an image in Neat Image it came up with "It could not find a match" and then in the right pane it showed the picture as a "Device S9500" So, from the image profile I downloaded of the S9500 I entered it using a text editor, called Con-Text, and changed the lines that had the S9500 from S9500 to S9000.

Now when I open an image it still doens't find a match but the image source in the right hand pane at least matches my camera, a Fuji FinePix S9000.

Did anyone ever do profiling on the S9000?
What would it take to get a S9000 profile in the works?
Vern
Former Nebraskan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please try my suggestion in the previous message above. This may help.

I see no other way to make profile matching work in a situation like that.

Vlad
Frost

Post by Frost »

Thanks Vlad !

I took a group of pictures at different ISO and aperture settings of the test image and saved them to a folder (Fuji S9000) Then I opened up Neat Image and did the batch processing and it created profiles for many of the picture, but not all. Some were not readable as a definite area so might have to go back and shoot some more.

The images I have taken and load into Neat Image are found and they are only in the "presets" that it cannot find any information, not in the "profiles" Since I really don't have any presets built as yet, it might take a few pictuers and input to build up a preset group of values.. sort of the software is "learning" if I take that correctly. :)

Thanks Vlad!
Vern
Former Nebraskan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am glad profile matching works now.

Regarding preset matching, you can disable this functionality using the menu Tools | Options | Defaults | Default Filter Preset (for example, select Do not load default preset or Use specified default preset). If necessary you can later re-enable it when you create custom filter presets.

Best regards,
Vlad