Open Neat Image from external application

general questions about Neat Image
thomba27

Open Neat Image from external application

Post by thomba27 »

Hello,

I just want to open Neat Image from an external application (my picture data base) via a script with a selected image. How must I use the command line parameters that the selected image is opened in the "Device Noice Profile" Tab of Neat Image and not in a filtration queue as it is done with following command line :
"C:\Programme\Neat Image\NeatImage.exe" "C:\BILDER\xxxx\xxxx.JPG"

I am using Neat Image 5.25 Home+ Edition.

Kind regards
thomba27
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The closest to what you want to achieve would probably be the following:

Step 1. Invoke Neat Image using the following command line:
"C:\Programme\Neat Image\NeatImage.exe"

This will start Neat Image and if you have enabled the option called "Auto create new job on startup" then Neat Image will start with the Filtration Job Editor window open. It will open in the Input Image tab.

Step 2. Invoke Neat Image using the following command line:
"C:\Programme\Neat Image\NeatImage.exe" "C:\BILDER\xxxx\xxxx.JPG"

This will open the specified image in the Filtration Job Editor window that has been opened in the Step 1.

You may need to make a pause between the Step 1 and Step 2.

This solution would do almost everything you need except that it will not automatically switch to the Device Noise Profile tab. Why would you want to have it in the Device Noise Profile tab?

Thank you,
Vlad
thomba27

Post by thomba27 »

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. I am quiet unexperienced in using Neat Image for noise reduction of my images. So thats the way I work with the standalone version:
1.) Opening the image (Input Image Tab)
2.) Choosing the device noiseprofile for my digicam (Device Noise Profile Tab)
3.) Choosing the filter settings, controlling the settings with the preview (Noise Filter Settings Tab)
4.) Performing the noise reduction and saving the output image (Output Image Tab)

As I don't have a lot image with noise there is no need of a batch conversion.

But I want to select the noisy images in my prefered image database and call Neat Image for optimization of these. Thats why I want to open Neat Image with the selected image and continue the work with the step "Device Noise Profile" to optimize my workflow. :wink:
Kind regards
thomba27
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I see. Thank you for describing the workflow, I understand that you try to reduce the number of steps.

Well, maybe it will possible to automatically reduce that extra step of tab switching in the newer versions of Neat Image.

Thank you once again,
Vlad