Questions about Auto Save

questions about practical use of Neat Image
smartiz

Questions about Auto Save

Post by smartiz »

I have some questions about the Auto Save feature.
Consider I use batch profile of several images with:
- Auto profile input images;
- Do not load presets;
- Do not auto save output images.
After the auto profiling process of all images, the status of every job is "done, not saved". Then I edit manually some jobs because the profile quality is too bad. I manually profile each of them and close the windows without saving and add the AS action and re-queue the job (or I queue the job with "Auto save" checked from the editing window). The general output options are : "output file format : JPEG', "quality : 60". The image is saved but in the wrong quality I think because the file is too big !
Then the general jpeg quality seems not to be used. And the jpeg quality for batch processing is only an option for Match profiling.
For the other jobs that I do not want to manually profile, I can add the AS action but I can't run this action. So in both cases, I have to use the "save output images of selected jobs" button which asks me to confim the name of each file : it is not satisfactory for total "batch processing" !

Then my questions are: is it possible to configure the auto saving options (file format and quality) for batch processing when the "Match profile" is not used ? And is it possible to Auto save (in a batch process) filtered jobs that where not initially supposed to be auto saved ?

I am using Neat Image 5.3 Pro edition.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think there is a bug. The JPEG quality for batch processing is adjusted in the Batch window when you select either "Save to folders of input images" or "Save to specified folder" in Output Images box and then select JPEG as the output file format. The fact you can see the general output options while adjusting Matching options if you select "Auto match profiles" is a bug. The "Output" tab should not be available when you adjust the matching options from Batch window, because that tab is not used when new image filtration jobs are created in batch. We will correct this bug. It does not affect anything, but of course it should be corrected. Please use the standard way of setting the output file format and compression quality using the controls in the Batch window.

Regarding your second question, this can be achieved by setting the "Auto Save" action for all the jobs in the queue and by letting NI process them. Already processed jobs can be saved using the "Save Output As..." menu item in menu File. Yes, this requires some manual confirmation. We could do that automatically, but there may be situations when the output files could be saved in wrong places or overwrite existing files in this way. Therefore I recommend to set the "Auto Save" action before letting NI process those jobs.

Thank you for reporting an issue and suggesting some ideas for further improvement of NI.

Kind regards,
Vlad