Batching Issue

general questions about Neat Image
kmm

Batching Issue

Post by kmm »

I'm trying to batch some photos using NI 5.0 +. When I use the NI batching tool, the images are saved in a very low quality format creating color blotches in large bands.

I've used the auto profile setting and a filter preset I made as well as saved it to a specified folder. The image is saved as a JPEG and compression is set to low to create the highest quality. The auto profile is created at 96% approx. depending on the image. The odd thing is that when I edit the image before closing the batching window, it appears in NI as perfectly filtered and is then saveable in this state, just not in any automatable way. What am I doing wrong?

In an effort to get around the problem, I tried using the action batching method in PS CS2 V. 9.0. Problem is that the profile the action records is always RecentProfile.dnp and not the AutoProfile I use according to the help guide's method. What am I doing wrong there?

Thanks
K.
kmm

Post by kmm »

So, new developments:

I previously reported that "The odd thing is that when I edit the image before closing the batching window, it appears in NI as perfectly filtered and is then saveable in this state, just not in any automatable way" This is actually inaccurate. The image is viewable in NI and looks good but the saved version is the same, poor quality version. I assumed it would be good if I could view it using NI but apparently not. This seems to indicate it's a problem with the way the stand alone NI is saving the output image. Thoughts?

Also: I found a way to get the PS CS2 action protocol to work partially. The action now reports that an Auto Profile was used to filter as was the preset I created. Unfortuately, when automated, the output does not look the same as when done individually. Not sure if it's an improper profile usage, improper preset usage, or an output problem. A direct comparison was done indicating that something was done as far as filtering but it was not according to the preset I made. An interesting caveate is that the plugin never displays any message related to compiling an auto profile when batched. It jumps straight to a progress bar related to "filter: reducing noise"

K.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This must be a problem of the copy of Neat Image you use. Probably a corrupted copy.

Please contact me by e-mail and I will try to help.

Thank you,
Vlad