Making a GIMP plugin

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
TechMage89

Making a GIMP plugin

Post by TechMage89 »

A gimp plugin would be useful to me because I often use gimp, as photoshop can be cumbersome.
skylen

Yes, a GIMP plugin would be great

Post by skylen »

A GIMP plugin would be great. I know there are a lot of GIMP users out there. I use GIMP 2.3.8 and it's a great tool, but it would be fabulous to have a seamless integration with Neat Image.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. This point has been added to the NI wish list.

Vlad
whatmeuser

Re: Yes, a GIMP plugin would be great

Post by whatmeuser »

There is a Gimp (pspi settings) plug-in that allows you to use PS plug-ins. Some work. The NI plug-in starts in Linux under Wine, but does not get the Exif from the Gimp (no shame on NI), so you have to set it's the presets manually. Auto might work in Windows though.
btrimmer

Re: Yes, a GIMP plugin would be great

Post by btrimmer »

Hi,

New NI user, just having a look around the forums for the first time.
whatmeuser wrote:There is a Gimp (pspi settings) plug-in that allows you to use PS plug-ins. Some work. The NI plug-in starts in Linux under Wine, but does not get the Exif from the Gimp (no shame on NI), so you have to set it's the presets manually. Auto might work in Windows though.
I am currently using GIMP 2.2.13 for Windows, along with the PSPI plugin version 1.0.5, to run the Neat Image Home+ plugin. Auto profile selection doesn't work in Windows GIMP either. :( I don't think GIMP has any mechanism for passing EXIF data to a plugin, unfortunately.

The only other quirk (and I'm not sure if it's a GIMP, NI, PSPI or user error) is that the plugin doesn't work right on layers with an alpha channel unless you check the 'Keep Transparency' box in the Layers menu.

GIMP users can find the PSPI plugin at:

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/pspi.html