Using NeatImage with 6x7 film scans

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Frankie

Using NeatImage with 6x7 film scans

Post by Frankie »

Can NeatImage Pro+ be effectively used with 4000dpi film scans of 6x7 film? (this yields a 525MB file and approximately 95 mp image.)

Can it handle it? What are the memory requirements for this? How slow will it be?
(current computer has 3 GB of memory and an Athlon XP 64 4400+ processor and a couple hundred GB of free hard drive space)

I have been pleased with the demo of NeatImage on small segment of Kodak 400UC film (better, I felt, than Noise Ninja, and much better than ASF Digital GEM 2.0, which I already own). If it works with files from scans of 6x7 film, I'll be sold. Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, it can handle such images. With your computer parameters, both standalone and plug-in versions of Neat Image should be able to process 525MB (I assume an uncompressed TIFF, so an image will take the same 525MB in memory) images.

Please try the standalone Demo with a large image file. It will save only JPEGs but you want to check the possibility and speed of filtration itself, so the Demo should help you check that just fine.

Kind regards,
Vlad