Using the plugin without interaction

questions about practical use of Neat Image
MichaelAC

Using the plugin without interaction

Post by MichaelAC »

Hi.

I am using the plugin (V 5.0) with the German software FixFoto. It works perfectly, pretty much like in Photoshop, i.e. inluding transfer of EXIF data and the Automatch-Profile function.

My wish would be, that the filtering would happen without the need to press Icons interactively. In the moment I have to click the sequence
< Noise Filter Settings>
then <Apply>

Is there any means of letting the plugin work without interaction, in a quasi-batch mode.

Thank you,
Michael
(from Aachen, Germany)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This can be done using Photoshop actions, they are supported by Neat Image plug-in. I am not sure whether FixFoto supports Photoshop actions. You may want to check this with FixFoto docs and support. If they do then we could try to ensure Neat Image action support works with FixFoto as well.

Thank you,
Vlad
MichaelAC

Post by MichaelAC »

Hi Vlad.

Thank you for this (very!) quick and encouraging answer.

I don't know, what/how FixFoto is handling plugins, but the Neatimage plugin is "called" via the following script:

//FFName=NeatImagePlugin
var ppath = "C:\\Programme\\Fixfoto\\Plugins\\Neatimage\\Neatimage.8bf#_ENTRYPOINT";
FF_Plugin(ppath);
image_modified = 1;

My naive hope ist now, that I can modify or enrich this script by multiple "calls" with the appropriate values for ppath.

Regards,
Michael
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think the best way to find our whether such a script can be enriched to make NI plug-in works as if it is being called from a Photoshop action would be to ask the developers of FixFoto. Please ask whether you can emulate Photoshop actions using scripts in FixFoto. Let me know what you find out and then it will be move clear if we can do something to support FixFoto. This mostly depends on the capabilities of FixFoto scripting system, I believe.

Thank you,
Vlad