I *broke* my NI/"can't find profile..."

general questions about Neat Image
monicakm

I *broke* my NI/"can't find profile..."

Post by monicakm »

I tried to follow some directions to get NI (v4 Pro) to show the EXIF for any given photo. I was unsuccessful (can't remember what I clicked on and changes I made) but after that, every time I open NI, I first get the following warning:

"Neat Image tired to find a profile for the image [gives navigation path]
Automatic Device Noise Profile matching is not possible because the input image contains
no EXIF information"

I can still use the program, but would like to get rid of this warning. My camera is the Canon S3
Thank you,
Monica
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

In Neat Image, go to menu Tools | Options... | Job Defaults | Default Device Noise Profile and select the first option instead of Auto Match Profile. This will disable automatic matching when you open an image.

Vlad
Last edited by NITeam on Sun May 28, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monicakm

Post by monicakm »

thank you for your quick reply but I'm not quite finding what you directed me to. Could you tell me which tab this info is listed under? I've looked in all of them and don't see "Auto Match Profile". Speaking of profiles, will there soon be one for the Canon S3 IS?
Thanks
http://www.pbase.com/image/60896645/original
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It is in the Job Defaults tab.

Profiles for S3 IS are already in the library.

Vlad
monicakm

Post by monicakm »

Thanks, It's not listed in the version I had but I just updated the program (duh!) and the warning is gone. The option IS in the newest version tho. Thanks for your help. Do I need to "do" anything to use the S3 profile in NI or is it detected and used automatically?
Monica
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please use the instruction for installing profiles that is available in the top of the page where you download profiles.

Thank you,
Vlad