Fuji S9500 Profile

general questions about Neat Image
richard49

Fuji S9500 Profile

Post by richard49 »

I have just downloaded NeatImage and am very pleased with it but...

I have read that you can get camera specific profiles but have been unable to find one for my Fuji S9500. I saw mentioned that there's an image library but can't find it on this site so...

Maybe you know where I can get a profile for my camera or do I have to experiment until I am able to create on myself?

Any help would be very much appreciated. :)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

First of all, the profile library can be found here. A profile set for S9500 is here.

Regarding building your own profiles, there is no need to experiment, you just have to follow the step-by-step instruction in the user guide. The resulting profiles will be of good quality and filtration results will be good as well. You can even share your own profiles with the community. :)

Best regards,
Vlad
richard49

Great news :)

Post by richard49 »

Thanks for the information, it was a great help.

So do I now select the appropriate profile from the drop down menu and then click 'Auto Profile' or will just using the drop down menu work on it's own?

If I'm not happy with the selection that Neat Image has chosen for me can I move the selection to another position? When I move the selection it changes from being blue to being red, I'm not sure if that's good news or bad?

I'm very impressed with this program and will buy the full version shortly.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I recommend to start using Neat Image with only Auto Profile function (without any pre-built profiles) as described in this page. Using Auto Profile and using pre-built profiles are two unrelated ways of getting a profile for an input image. I recommend to start with Auto Profile because it is easier.

Yes, you can move the selection if you prefer to use another area for analysis. The red color of the selection simply means it was moved by you, as opposed to the automatically found area marked with the blue selection.

Vlad