Can I use Neat Image with Adobe Lightroom beta?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
carfield

Can I use Neat Image with Adobe Lightroom beta?

Post by carfield »

Or I have to buy photoshop element in order to use Neat Image?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Adobe Lightroom is not released yet, so it doesn't support external modules like Photoshop plug-ins. I hope it will support them in v1.0.

So on Mac, you have to use either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to use the Neat Image plug-in. In Windows, you can use the standalone Neat Image as well.

Vlad
sixpence

Post by sixpence »

NITeam wrote:Adobe Lightroom is not released yet, so it doesn't support external modules like Photoshop plug-ins. I hope it will support them in v1.0.

Vlad
Hi Vlad. The Lightroom team have stated that once V1.0 is released that they will be providing an SDK for it. There is currently quite a debate going on in the Lightroom forums relating to Noise Reduction in the program and I think it would be a good time to expand the user base of Neat Image. Incidentally if you are continuing a Beta program yourself I would be interested in participating as I did on the original Mac beta. I'm quite active in the Lightroom forums and have been a user since the 1st beta was released and would like to see a Neat Image Module.
Sean McCormack
http://lightroom-blog.com
Adobe Community Professional for Lightroom
Author: Photoshop Lightroom 2 Made Easy
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Hi,

Yes, I am also expecting the Lightroom to release an SDK so that we could try to work with it. It would be great to support Lightroom.

If you hear about release of Lightroom SDK before I do please let me know. :-)

Thank you,
Vlad
sixpence

Post by sixpence »

I'll pass it on. I'd be keen to see the module developed.
Sean McCormack
http://lightroom-blog.com
Adobe Community Professional for Lightroom
Author: Photoshop Lightroom 2 Made Easy